Warrior Weekend September Retreat
Time & Location
About the Event
About The Event
Who Runs This Event?
This event is run by myself the founder of "Men Don't Talk" along with the MDT Team, I am a boxing,self defence and martial arts coach and have taught a variety of martial arts and boxing for over 25 years before I retired to take up the position of psychotherapist, counsellor and "Men Don't Talk Coordinator.
What Will you Learn?
I will be teaching a combination of psychotherapy, Chinese holistic martial arts, Sports Psychology and confidence building exercises, which will benefit all on the course.
What is Involved?
We arrive on the Friday night (6pm to 8pm at the latest), and do the first of our team building exercises putting up our tents together, then we gather to socialise and eat around the camp fire.
Warriors rise early Saturday and get involved in a mixture of Physical and Mental tasks that will improve your strengths, you will become more resilience and your team working ability game will raise.
You will also get the opportunity for some 1 to 1 time With me to gain some life coaching tips and discuss anything that may be troubling you, Throw in some lunch, and dinner and finish the day with a reflective group chat around the fire, before falling into your beds for the night.
The early bird(s) makes breakfast!!!
Sunday is our "Show of Strength" day - This is where your brotherhood takes hold!
With a few more exercises and group tasks before we wind down for a 3pm finish, and prepare for the week ahead.
Food & Refreshments will be included for the whole weekend, but you may bring your own if you wish.
Do I have to Share my story?
Everyone has differing levels of trust, and everyone's story is different.
But what we do say is "What you put into the course you, will get out."
We work on the basis of "Trust, Honesty and Integrity", everything discussed remains confidential (Confidentiality agreements are obtained at the beginning of the course and your anonymity is protected.
What Did Other Men Think Of it?
"I felt looked after, I enjoyed having the opportunity to connecting with other and open up"
"Very good / fantastic.....a thousand percent better than I thought it would be....took me out of my comfort zone"
"This course was too cheap"
"The location is beautiful, excellent course structure and the group was not overcrowded"
"I loved being outdoors, meeting new people who I wouldn't normally meet and facing a few fears"
How Much Does It Cost?
- Standard tickets cost £150,
- As this is run in conjunction with the Men Don't Talk Project or you can help fund a brother and buy a Standard ticket +1(£300),
- or become a sponsor and support a brother in need, this buys your ticket and pays for half of the brother that you will sponsor. (£225)
- A Partial sponsored ticket costs £75 (For people on low income)
All levels of confidence, experience and fitness will be catered for.
What Do I Need To bring?
- A Sleeping bag - Although we do have a few spare.
- A Torch.
- A Blanket
- Cutlery (Plate, Knife, Fork, Ect)
- Cooking / Washing up utensils. (Frying pan & Sauce pan)
- Toiletries / 2 x Towels
- Clothes to train in.
- Clothes to Chill in.
- Spare trainers / boots
- Note pad and Pen
We will provide a basic supper on Friday night, Breakfast, Lunch and Dinner on Saturday and breakfast on Sunday.
If you have any special dietary requirements please bring your own food.
**Please note, Alcohol and Drug use is not permitted on this course and will not be tolerated**
Please do not hesitate to contact us with any further questions that you may have.
So What is a Sponsorship?
The people at Men Don't Talk believe that positive mental health should be available to all, that's why throughout the year we hold fund raising events to cover the cost of Sponsorship placements for those who are facing financial difficulties.
All we ask, is that if you enjoyed and gained something from the course, then maybe you can add a review to the "Blog Space", Contribute to the Forum or maybe make a financial contribution to WWW.justgiving.com/crowdfunding/mendonttalkorg when you can and help support a brother in need.
Quite Simply "You Pay it Forwards".
"These courses are run by brothers to support brothers" and are completely voluntary.
Any money made goes back into the running of further courses.
- No Sleeping in Cars or vehicles of any sort.
- No Camper vans.
- Participants must attend the Friday Night Course Outline Meeting held at 8pm - No Attendance = No Participation.
- If a participant prematurely leave the course no re admittance will be allowed.
- Payment in full at the time of booking.
- No refund will given within 48 hours of the course date.
- Course slots will not be "reserved".
Course participants understand and agree that they can expect total confidentiality apart from the following:
- Intent to significantly harm self or others / act of harm to self or others.
- Disclosure of unreported abuse on a young person below the age of 18, or on a vulnerable adult.
- Suspected involvement in an act of terrorism, drug trafficking or money laundering.
- Liaison with health professionals as part of a coordinated care package.
- Court order.
All participants understand and agree to the following conditions:
- That therapeutic life coaching works at a deep emotional level and that I may share some personal information.
- Have the right to decide the degree of my participation.
- That they may ask for additional support at times.
- Sessions will include experiential interventions and role plays.
- In the group environment and you may be asked to consider beliefs, feelings, perceptions and behaviours resulting into insights that may be out of my comfort zones.
- Understand that there may be some physical exercises involved and acknowledge that you do so at your own free will, and if there is something that I do not wish to participate in, you will notify the coach immediately.
- To the best of my knowledge, you are in good physical condition and fully able to participate in this course.
- You are fully aware of the risks and hazards connected with the participation in martial art / combative training including physical injury or even death, and hereby voluntarily participate in said events knowing that the associated physical activity may be hazardous to you and your property.
- You voluntarily assume full responsibility for any risk or loss, property damage or personal injury including death that may be sustained, or loss or damage to property owned by yourself as a result of participation in this course, you further certify that I am at least 18 years of age.
- You will notify the coach of any medical issues, ill health or conditions that I may have.
- You will notify the coach immediately of any dizzy spells.
- You agree to act in a gentlemanly conduct that is conducive to an environment that promotes a positive, healthy and insightful self development.
- Any participant returning from a previous course understands that even though they may of learnt about other participants also on the returning course no previous information disclosed may be shared or re disclosed.
You agree to the following :
You will hold strict confidentiality regarding all matters (Names, events, enc.) pertaining to the personal therapeutic work or identity of other participants in the group. I will not disclose information about another group member outside of my group, verbally or through any written or electronic means including; email, social media or any other public forums. This contributes to creating a safe place for participants to share.
and understand that if the MDT Coordinator feels or believes that the above conditions are not being met you may be asked to leave the course, and no reason shall be given (a later meeting may be held to discuss the timeline of events.)
- Men's Warrior Weekend Ticket£150£1500£0
- Men's Warrior Weekend - Plus 1£300£3000£0
- Men's Warrior Weekend +Partial£225£2250£0
- Apply For Partial Sponsorship£75£750£0
- Apply For Partial Sponsorship£50£500£0
- Apply For Full Sponsorship£0£00£0